11 May 2008

Quick! Name your favorite British transvestite standup comedian.

If you answered Eddie Izzard, you answered most correctly. And in just under one month, and thanks to a heads up from my brother, my mom and I have tickets to see him at the Paramount here in town... Uh, what's all this please?

I don't often use MySpace because I don't have the right vocabulary to use it. I don't understand how can anyone find each other when there's no universal commonality to each person's profile. What, search by... zipcode? Let's play guess their user ID? But, ever the marketing enthusiast, I'm a big believer in following - er, investigating - fads. So when I set up my MySpace account, and filled in the profile question of who I'd like to meet, I selected:
Eddie Izzard.

And that's true.

Now, I doubt Mom and I will be stalking the stage door (but maybe it's not out of the question), I am looking forward to hearing the latest from the comedian whose on-stage material has included: a rambling monologue on European history, an impersonation of God as James Mason, the genetics of the royal family, a reenactment of arriving in America, and an explanation of the rise and fall of empires. And then he does it all again in fast-forward, and in French.

The 2008 tour is called "Stripped," and chances are, he's playing in a city near you.

And now, for your popcorn-eating enjoyment:



2 comments:

Nick said...

I'm going to see him at Radio City Music Hall! He's my all time favorite comedian. I hear he isn't so tranvest-y in this show. You're Great

shelby said...

Once upon a time in Boston I waited at the stage door for Mr. Izzard. He was absurdly gracious and waited around for hours to shake hands, take pics and sign shit for every last one of us losers.