31 October 2007

Yes, Ice Man. I am dangerous...

A few things.

1) The pigeons in this city are fearless. I've been dive-bombed (hands cover my face!!) several times this past week. Have noticed this doesn't seem to bother others.

2) I found a new flat - its in Hoxton, just a few blocks north of Hoxton Square. I'll be living with an Irish girl, Sheryll (from Belfast, a religion teacher), an Aussie (Mike, dating Sheryll, works in IT) and Hoai, a Frenchman who works in finance. All are 26 and super nice. Details to come, but I do have couches for you all to crash on now.

3) Banoffee pie. Is amazing.

4) I'm FINALLY going to see a David Greig show this weekend. I'm going to see "Being Norwegian" at the Shunt Lounge, which is this supposedly funky, strange bar near London Bridge. I've heard some crazy stories about some of their theme nights. But that aside, the night is £10 for the play, a pint and a pie. Mmm. Review to come.

5) Saw the Louise Bourgeois exhibit at the Tate Modern last night. Interesting. Liked a few pieces, namely the giant spider sculpture. Her work is part of the permanent outdoor sculpture collection at the Kemper Museum in Kansas City. Picture to come too.

6) Guy Fawkes day is coming up. Fireworks for everyone!

7) Halloween event at BUNAC tonight. Going as Maverick, from Top Gun. I have aviators and dog tags. Hopefully that's enough.

Gotta run.

Jen

1 comment:

PeterKeating said...

play, pint and pie!