2 November 2007

The red cups are coming!

I love Starbucks.

I love their winter campaign ("The Red Cups are Coming!"), and yes, it makes me buy their coffee. This morning, in particular, it's a grande soy chai latte. And my red cup with falling white snow dots has a green sleeve to make it extra festive. This also means that selected Starbucks - more so in the States than in London, unfortunately - will start serving their pumpkin spice latte. Which is excellent, if you get the small size.

I'm not sure if its the marketer in me, or if it's just plain brand whoredom. Maybe it's a bit of both because I realize that (a) it's irrational and (b) brilliant.

In other news, today is the last day of living with the boys. They're moving into their new place this weekend. I finally met the landlord this morning. Her name is Elizabeth Hurley. Understandably, she goes by 'Betty.' I'll be staying in the house until Tuesday, when I can move into my new flat. The good news, I found out, is that most of the stuff in the apartment (furniture, extra TV, dishes and cookware) isn't even theirs - so I won't be totally stranded until I move out. I probably won't have a TV connection, internet or landline (not that I use it), but I'll be able to cook. Can I last three days? I think so.

I saw "Cloud Nine" at the Almeida last night. Had a few laughs in the first act, and enjoyed it enough but wasn't crazy about it. The second half had a very interesting turn of events, and I couldn't help but think of Cosmonaut - character doubles in opposite settings playing the inverse of other characters. Or are they inverse? Maybe we're all the same. Anyway, it was interesting, though not great. I have a feeling it's a much better read with the script. The direction was really good, though. Didn't care for the technical design, which was disappointing.

Am hoping to see this Paine's Plough production of "Being Norwegian" by David Greig tonight. It's sold out, and I have to queue around 5pm to get my name on the list. This one, mentioned in the last post, offers a play, pie and a pint for £10. Hopefully Barbara and I can get in. If not, maybe we'll try to see Arsonists at the Royal Court tonight, since that starts at 730.

Oof, is that it? I don't know, maybe you're tired of reading. There are other things I could say, but it's mostly just stream of conscious, strings of random ideas with no particular connecting thread. Like the drifting snowflakes falling to the snow-covered ground on my Red Cup.

Oh, c'mon. You know you love it too.

No comments: