Anyway, the house in Hoxton is really nice and I'm getting used to the new commute (which isn't so different - slightly longer walk, but same bus and only a few stops further) to work and new routes home. One of the short, stocky, square busses (single decker) stops right on my street, but runs less frequently than the majors and isn't 24-hours. Which is a shame, really, because I'm so lazy. I rearranged all the furniture in my room the night I moved in, only to move it all back the next day. THIS was a process. Worth it, though, in the end. I'm pretty sure my room is feng shui. The bed is more comfy than the old place, and I bought a new blanket (from my new favorite discount store, Primark) that's SUPER COZY. I also have a proper desk now (ahem, taken from the house of stag), which is nice. Now, if only I had a chair... Baby steps.
In big, big news, Will and I booked our trip to SVEDEN!!! We leave early, early, early on Friday 30 Nov and fly to Stockholm. Friday and Saturday we'll be in the city, and on Sunday we fly to a little town called Kiruna, which is north of the Arctic Circle. Brrr! There, we've arranged to take a tour by dogsled to see the Northern Lights aka Aurora Borealis. Tres exciting.
Joined a gym - Fitness First. Hello personal trainer. Hello New Years resolutions come a little early this year.
Am looking forward to the weekend - so nice to be out, walking and wandering, seeing new sites. Can't wait to explore the new 'hood by day. Had a second realization this week, which was that I'd only been to Hoxton at night. Hmm. Had only seen the flat at night (after work) and been out there (bar crawling). Saw bits and pieces as I was moving in Tuesday and am very excited to see more.
I'm also going to get my haircut tomorrow, which is something I always look forward to. Am seeking out a new little funky salon to make some changes. ... We shall see.
It's back to work for me. Research Narnia, directory enquiries and classically-trained-turned-pop singers this afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment