27 November 2007

Old Street

I turned 23 today. Lots has happened since the last 14 days. Kevin was here - watched the England/Croatia football game, ate at Luigi's (twice), smoked shisha in Camden, went crazy with Will and Michael, my flatmate, in Hoxton and saw a few london sites on Sunday (Tate, Regent St - Apple store, hamleys, Habitat - Carnaby, Harrods, Harvey Nics, ate at Cafe Forum on Gloucester Rd).

23 has been a nonevent. Went to work. Cooked dinner (pancakes with sprinkles) and went to two bars - Jaguar Shoes and a local favorite, Hoxton Square Bar & Kitchen. Jaguar Shoes is this lil place that doesnt look like a bar from the outside. Looks like any other bars over the windows place during the daytime. Good, chill place during the week; insane on the weekends. Square bar and kitchen is *very scene* on the weekends. The bouncer remembered Courtney. He owes her 10 pounds for some bet - that she wouldn't drink her drink whilst outside, or something.

As I walked home (literally, about 5-6 minutes) from the bars, I was on the phone with Joe ("Oh for that long? No, move to Chicago. Don't move to Appleton.") and a police van was tailing me at a slow pace. I was wearing my heels and skirt, sure, but definitely sober enough to make it back. They asked me the usual "Are you alright then?" to which I insisted I was, and they asked me how far I had to go - literally, the blue door on the left. Very Hugh Grant in Notting Hill. I was home and inside within 60 seconds. Very kind of the London Police. Very not Allston PD.

Have a meeting tomorrow which I initiated with this coffee sleeve ad company. I'm account lead on a project for a mobile gaming company, and we're looking into this media for a potential solution for them. Should be interesting. So in charge. Thursday, Rachel and I have a lunch meeting with our main contact from our design team, Nigel. Have spent many hours on the phone with him, and will be good to finally meet. Friday, Will and I head to Sweden to freeze our asses off and to see Stockholm and the northern lights via dogsled. Pictures and stories to come.

Never been more financially strapped in my life. Really not the time for it.

Salzburg, Vienna and Prague in December as well as a visit from Amy & Virginia. To Austin, TX, for Christmas on 21 Dec and to Boston on 26 Dec for a visit & New Years. Cannot wait.

New life plan in order. Details soon.

23. Had an email from Mom this morning - said "When I was 23, I was married for 3 years and had 3 cats. Glad you're not and don't." Yeah, me too.

Regards,
Jen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Jen! From Kristie Le (you know, the token asian dating your big brother). BTW, don't they say "arses" in England? Looking forward to finally meeting you around Christmas time.