7 February 2008

British men say 'whoopsie'

It's true. It was just said 30 seconds ago as I was walking back to my office. Evidently appropriate use of it is when too many trendy, young English men block the sidewalk in front of my doorway while smoking. One goes to stand, sees me coming. "Whoopsie!" Steps back. Awesome.

So, I'm not going to have time to explain all the things that I'd like to say. Bullet points, with elaboration later.

* I feel like I'm 'growing' into business. Spent all day yesterday at a trade fair with my boss and one of our clients, which revealed a whole new side of production, distribution, sales revenue, licensing and negotiation to me. Some people know how to spot a hot deal, and others don't know when its right in front of them. In our case, we might as well have been handing them suitcases of money, and, still, not all of them understood.

* I finally, finally figured out that it's the Kaiser Chiefs who sing the song I like, called "Ruby." Incoherible lyrics. Great tune.

* David, from the Huntington, and I are going to Amsterdam tonight and are staying with Colleen, who I haven't seen since last March, in Miami. Hoo-ray! Right now, David is falling in love with London for the first time. He got a two-day double decker bus deal, which includes a Thames River cruise. Yes, right now, David is on the Thames.

* I had something funny to say about the hostel, but I can't remember.

* Next week, I'm seeing some theater, big time.

* I'm seeing, as I've already mentioned (gloated) in earlier posts, and now - in that same week - I'll also be seeing ERIC CLAPTON, sheryl crow, and JOHN MAYER at HYDE PARK. Aunt Kerry and (hopefully) Uncle Bill are going to join me + whoever else is around at that point. I bought four tickets.


JEN

No comments: