Two seconds to write this, but needed to clear my head, as usual. There will be full post detailing the more specific awesomeness that was this week, but first an overview. Sort of like a table of contents, if you will. Man, why can't I just be normal blogger? Maybe if you've ever received four rapid fire emails from - each with only one thought - this makes sense. Small doses, small doses.
Sunday: David and I returned from AMS, where we spent the weekend with Colleen.
Monday: Saw David Hare's "The Vertical Hour" at the Royal Court Theatre Downstairs.
Tuesday: Saw David Mamet's "Speed the Plow" starring Kevin Spacey ("and I say 'Good for You!'") and Jeff Goldbloom at the Old Vic
Wednesday: Saw "The Hour We Knew Nothing of Each Other" by Peter Handke at the National Theatre Lyttleton
Thursday, Valentines Day: Saw the movie "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly" at the Vue in Angel, where I used to live
Also managed to get to the Tate Modern this week, try a new restaurant in Sloane Square and dine at Strada on the South Bank, cook a fabulous Marks & Spencer-inspired meal with friends, and sneak Strongbow into the cinema (not that it was hard). All this - on top of a really stressful and supremely busy 9-6 workdays.
And, for the entertainment, didn't spend more than £35 total. And that, ladies and gentleman, blog-reading audience of very few, is pretty Londontastic.
The shows have been simmering in my head, and I have more to say about them, particularly "The Hour We Knew Nothing of Each Other." If I can wrap my head around it, that's the next post.
Oh, and the whole Valentines Day thing. First you're optimistic, then you expect it to bust, and then it turns out to be just another Thursday. To think, last year I was skipping Tech Show Hell Week, drinking Robitussin from the bottle and watching Breakfast at Tiffanys in a ball gown - while sick on the futon in the living room - while there was a blizzard outside - and friends were drinking Flag Day Andre across town.
How things change from day to day and from year to year.
15 February 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment